Here at Favor House Ministries, we pride ourselves on good stewardship, and budgeting all donations and program fees to benefit our residents. We are sincerely thankful for all of the donations and support we have received thus far, and we would like to make it easier for those who would like to contribute to our mission to do so!
Below is a list of some tangible items that The Favor House needs to operate on a day-to-day basis. All contributions are tax deductible. We thank you again for all of your support as we work to serve men in the recovery community to lead addiction free lives!
House Hold Items
- Laundry Detergent – Favor House Ministries does provide a washer and dryer for our residents to use. Any detergent donated would be used to benefit our new residents until they establish employment.
- Dish Washing Detergent
- Kitchen/Bathroom/Cleaning Supplies – Our residents are responsible for the chores of the house each day. It is our standard at Favor House that we maintain the cleanliness of our facilities for all of our residents. Any cleaning supplies would be used to maintain this standard.
- Plates, Cups and SilverWare
- Toiletries (Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Towels, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Body Wash) – Favor House Ministries does not accept donations of mouthwash for the safety of our residents, as most are alcohol based.
- Bedding (twin size) – Sheets, Blankets, Pillows, Pillowcases, Mattress Pads
- Lightbulbs, Flashlights
- Spiral Bound Notebooks (Pens/Highlighters/Lined Paper) – In our program, we believe in the benefit of Daily Reflections. Each resident is given a notebook to log their reflections.
- Educational Materials – Alcoholics Anonymous Big Books/Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions at $10.00 each. Bibles and Dictionaries, as well as any other recovery books or workbooks. We are aiming to acquire a vast amount of resources that will be able to help each individual resident with their own specific needs. Used or New are both accepted.
- Bookshelves – We would use the bookshelves to organize our resources and have them always at the convenience of our residents who need them.
- Paper and Ink (Printer Paper/Brochure Printer Paper/Black and Colored Ink) – We are continually printing from intake paperwork to fundraising, we strive to reach as many as possible with our mission.
- General Supplies – Pens/Paper Clips/ Sticky Notes/ Calendars/ Dry Erase Boards and Markers/ Staplers and Staples
- A New or Used Mini Van – We provide a shuttle service to our residents each day to help them with finding and maintaining employment. As we continue to grow, our need for more vehicles for this shuttle service is growing as well.
- Furniture – (Chairs, Tables, Mattresses (Twin), Couches, Lamps) As we continue to expand our facilities, as well as our program, we are always in need of these items to create a family style living environment.
We hope to make donating as easy as possible for you! You can visit us on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2NC83JR8BC9IK/ref=cm_wl_list_o_0) to view a list of needed items and have them sent directly to us!
We will follow up with a receipt of your tax – deductible donation!
If you would rather, you can contact Charles McDonald at 706-612-8296 or CharlesMcDonald@FavorHouseAthens.org to schedule a time for pick up or drop off.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding donations.
As always, we Thank You for your time and commitment to our mission here at Favor House Ministries!